Originally Posted By: dhom
 Originally Posted By: big spruce
 Originally Posted By: sixshot
That 14" 44 magnum with the right load & scope will handle the animals you mention quite easily out to 150 yds or so if you are up to the task. You might think about a compact variable scope so you are covered both ways, close & long distance.
The 10 grs of Unique that Gregg mentioned worked great for me on a muley buck last fall at 64 yds with iron sights from my OM 44 flat top using a 250 gr cast HP as he walked straight towards me. Found the bullet up against his left hip bone. Your gun is far superior to mine.

Dick

Awesome!

I'm wondering what I'm going to do. The red dot I'm using has a dot way to big for accurate shooting past 50 yards. Groups are doubling ever 25 yards. It is a very large dot. Can't find the paper work on it cause it's so old, but it's at least 6 moa.

I like the red dot concept, but it's not going to allow me to take full advantage of the handgun.

I'm going to look around and see what I can find.

Does any one have any other suggestions?
I am a person that had a lot of trouble with red dots at first. What I learned was if I used the right target size for the distance I was shooting I could really tighten the groups. Just a for instance, if I used a 6" dot and wanted to shoot a 100 yds I should use an 8" bull. The trigger release should be when I see an equal ring of bullseye around the red dot. I hope this helps.

Thanks, yup I know exactly what your saying. I have had this go around before with a 35 rem rifle I was setting up for a hog hunting. Ultimately I went with a low power variable.

I ordered a Bushnell Trophy 2x6x32 handgun scope to give it a try. Should be here Friday. I'm going to if some magnification will help.

Can't hurt to try it out.

Last edited by big spruce; 02/14/2018 11:36 AM.

Meat Hunters Do It For Dinner