I probably have mounted scopes well over 100 times on many different firearms. I have tried Burris, Leupold, T/C, Weaver, the Bushnell top/bottom split type, SSK, Ruger, Beeman, and quite a few different "Chinese-Phillipine-???" etc. made scope rings, and Warne.

After all is said and done, I will take Warne every time. They are American Made (not even Leupold are) and they fit so perfectly that they are the ONLY rings I have found that will not mar the scope. And they hold tight. I have not had any problems with them, especially when using 3 or 4 rings. And the base I prefer? The good ol' Picatinny-style that goes with Warne. Steel or aluminum? STEEL!

Here is a trick that I learned from Bob Milek, YEARS AGO, on mounting the scope base. It works EVERY TIME, even on FACTORY MOUNTED bases. After you have "tightened" the screws, place your screwdriver (or hex key or star wrench) tightly and squarely in the screw head slot and tap it with a small hammer several times. This "mates" (precision fits) the threads; and the screw actually becomes a little loose; and you will have to re-tighten it to spec again.

And when mounting the rings to the base, make sure that you "scoot" them both FORWARD as much as possible in their respective Picatinny groove before cinching the screws down.