I was out yesterday shooting my SW 460 XVR at 100 yards. No surprise it was shooting well as it typically does, if I do my job she does hers.

The new club I joined has various ranges and steel set at 200 yards on out. The furthest I have shot my 460 was 100 yards so after a few shots I decided to try stretching her out a little to the 200. I think I missed the first shot but thought I saw dirt kick up a touch low. I ask a guy next to me if he could spot my next shot. Next shot was a miss but my spotter said it looked like it might have only been a couple inches low. I made my adjustment and hit the next 5 shots on the steel. I have reaffirmed my affinity for that round and that revolver.

I have a question.. why does it seem handgun hunters dislike the 460? You don't hear a whole lot about them in post or in handgun magazines. They don't seem do draw the excitement that other rounds seem to.

So far with my experience it a very flat shooting fast and heavy bullet that comes out of a revolver. Recoil really isn't bad if you practice your grip.

Thoughts?