Understanding the impact velocities of "XYZ" bullet has always been important, or at least it should be!
This goes for both straight wall case bullets or bullets that would be used in bottleneck cartridges.
There is a velocity range of said bullet. Some are narrow and some are broad. Equally important, at least for me.
Within that range (especially the broad range) the bullet will act differently.
Add to that, the type of animal and what parts (Shot Placement) of said animal get hit by that same bullet will also determine what happens to it.
Would I consider a different bullet if I always planned on double shoulder shots or quartering shots? In other words, Always planning on hitting bone.
If, I am a lung shooter that picks his shots, can I be successful with a bullet that is not as tough as would be required for penetrating heavy bone?
I am not even talking about the 300 XTP on Cape's, but rather how we approach hunting in general.

Generally speaking from what I am learning about large pigs, is that they are a tougher animal to kill than deer/antelope.
The majority of guys here are deer/antelope hunters with some elk and black bear thrown in, with pigs of course.
It's cool to see the bigger animals, but the majority of us don't do that on a regular basis.

Ernie the Un-Tactical