Lets not forget the big hornady/fa vs buffalo bore dust up. Then again that may be a different story for a different day but may explain a little bit of their
Closeness. We can debate endlessly on whether that 300mag xtp is a good choice on game like capebuff and post examples of successes and failures of said bullet. However, one wonders when a recommendation is given on an expandable for cape buff why wouldnt someone with tons of experience mention the aframes. They may be expensive but ive never seen nor remotely heard of a failure or separation. Ive run thru large game at over 2000 fps and had em open at less than 1000.

Back in 2012 as i was planning my hunt for cape buff i had discussed bullet choices with a gentleman at freedom arms and he hadnt used an aframe before. I had talked to bob baker about shooting a bison with a 41 mag, to which he seemed a little surprised about using an aframe before my next african hunt in 2015. Im not sure if they have used em. Maybe but they didnt seem to familiar with that bullet.

Last edited by tradmark; 03/19/2018 3:38 AM.