I never want to sway one from their personal experience and convictions. I express what I see before me. And weigh it against science and reality.

From what I?ve seen, I have been able to eatright up to the proverbial bullet hole when using cast Bullets at reasonable velocities. There is little blood shot or temporary cavity damage as they tend to run at a slower velocity than jacketed Bullets.

They are heavy and slow (in relation), causing a generous permanent cavity with a lesser temporary (hydrostatic shock and tearing of organs due to a higher velocity, expansion, from a large temp cavity) cavity than a fast jacketed bullet. So, I personally prefer to smack something that keeps them on their feet. Dropping them in the spot and affording the opportunity for the disfunctionate cardiovascular system to cause their demise before regaining their feet.

A high velocity jacketed bullet tends to leave more of a temporary cavity to surrounding tissue (blood shot) and therefore, more inedible meet ness the path of the bullet. So, I?d just as soon send that through the ribs in a lung or low heart shot and have more meat in the end.

If you are getting good results (terminal performance) and yield (meat left over) with the bullet, velocity, and placement you are getting..........DUDE!!!!!! Carry one!!

If it ain?t broke. Don?t fix it.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith