Originally Posted By: REDHAWK1954
I do not have a way to check the velocity but my quess would be about 2400 fps.

On a side note, this is a relatively inexpensive chronograph and has worked well for me. I also have a MagnetoSpeed Chronograph. But, use that one for rifles as Muzzle rise is a little rough on it.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/626107/caldwell-ballistic-precision-chronograph

If you are even interested in a chronograph.

For years, folks told me I needed a chronograph to safely handload and I told them it was bunk. I still believe that.

But, on a whim, I bought the MagnetoSpeed and it has changed my worked. NOT in safe handloading. Which one can assuredly do without a chronograph. But, in understanding internal/external/terminal ballistics and how they work for or against each other.

It is knowledge at your fingertips and has become an invaluable tool to me in understanding WHY I get the results I do. Not for handloading. But, the end result and how to get there.

Foot pounds of energy is a thing of the past. Don?t even care what it is anymore. It?s all mass and speed to me. Couple that with bullet design and you open a whole new world of terminal ballistics.

Just a thought.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith