Here's a few more old photo's of elk, mules, bears, a very large badger taken with the OM 41 magnum shorty, same gun I used on the 2 Texas Javelina.
The 2 elk were taken with an OM flat top 44 magnum & the 250 Keith. The one next to the house was taken close to home, the other bull was taken along the Selway River where we used to pack in almost every year before the wolves moved in.
Four of us were packing out a couple of elk & 2 of us had got seperated from the other 2 guys by maybe a mile. When me & Eddy came around a bend in the trail at a place called Upper Crossing there was this bull standing right in the river drinking. This is a favorite crossing place for elk, we've taken a couple others there before.
Anyway, Eddy had already shot one & I ran past him with my flat top as the bull ran to the far side & stopped. He was in a bad place because it was almost all shale rock & hard to climb. I hit him at an angling shot & he humped up & I hit him again through both lungs & he fell in the shale & slid to the edge of the water. The distance was about 60-65 yds.
I had to unload the packs from my mule & ride across the Selway River & rope the bull & float him acoss. This didn't go to well with my mule, the current was pulling pretty hard & I ended up getting pretty wet!
Longer story on the other bull, for another time.

Dick