Gregg, I think both those bullets look really good but I have to disagree on one thing. I care a whole lot about what the animal does, to me that's #1 after the shot. I'll worry about the bullet performance later but recovering the animal has to come first.
How could it be any other way? Since I use cast I almost never recover a bullet so I always have 2 holes & I think that's an advantage when hunting, especially with cast.
Those of you who use jacketed have the advantage of some expansion over my cast although I usually get some, I can tell by the exit hole.
I've said before that I never cast my bullets any harder than needed, here's one of the main reasons.
Back in the mid 70's when Handgun Silhouette first started up, guys were having a hard time knocking over the 200M Rams with their 44 magnums & cast bullets. So, they would go home & load hotter loads & the loads would still fail. This went on until guys were blowing cylinders & top straps, many of you will remember this.
The problem was 2 things, too much speed & too hard of a bullet, Bingo!! Slow down just a bit Junior & soften up that alloy & you gain a little bit of "Dwell" time on the target before bullet break up! Made all the difference in the world & guys started having instant success on the heavy Rams...or bone.
A big heavy cast bullet might start out a bit slower but it maintains it's speed better than a lightweight bullet after a short distance, trust me.

Dick