John, isn't that the amazing thing about bullets! On paper we always get instant feed back, good group or bad group but on game it takes a long time really to truly trust a bullet to work every time we drop the hammer & think we have good shot placement.
These 2 Cape Buffalo that Mr. Hunt shot has all of us in an up roar in a good way. They both worked all almost all of us would have bet the farm against it.
My friends Fallow doe with a hard 260 gr. Fa bullet from his FA 454 that didn't even exit. Max's 400 gr. XTP that didn't exit on a deer, they could both make that shot again & shoot through those same animals length ways with ease the next time around, go figure.
That's what makes it interesting & frustrating at the same time, we just can't duplicate or explain what happened. You just can't make this stuff up yet we share it to gain experience & I enjoy reading it.
I have learned, and I'm stubborn, that those big heavy solids are the very best if you are hunting megatron's. I don't include moose or the big bears in that group myself, just my opinion. I totally believe my cast bullets would handle any bear out there but I wouldn't over drive them or run them extremely hard (BHN)
I think a hard (BHN) bullet at close range would be trouble.

Dick