Raptor.....i got into the bullet performance as i think most who have by having a failure. Some may decide its not a failure but after using a bullet that i had many successful hunts with. I made a great shot on cow elk and followed it with several more right in the boiler room. Elk continued to run. It died but the end result but at the end of a deadfall that i had to back out an elk up nearly 1000 feet of elevation over logs. It was hell and i saw my bullets that had served me well before suddenly not opened and bent and some blow to peices. It caused me lots of work. I decided i needed to study the issue. One i didnt know needed studying when hunting deer and other similiar game under the 200lb threshold. More questions were raised when guiding for oryx and then it got more
Critical when the discussion turned towards cape buffs. Thats how it started for me, at least.

On a side note. I Really think this is a great forum. I think 99% of people here would get along really well when they get to know each other. Lately things have gotten testy amongst people that would usually get along well. Or worse, have so in the past. I would hope everyone could be mindful of that fact and that when things get stirred up in the forum ?cauldron? theres usually someone stirring the pot with a stick. A stick That they have hands on both sides of while stirring.