[img]I would like to add an update review for this bullet. In April I had tested the bullet up to 1875 fps in wet print with perfect results. I have since that time increased the velocity to 2100 fps in a new rifle cartridge--50 B&M Long. This has been tested in wet print with 100% success. The bullet holds together, expands, and penetrates to around 20" at this velocity. However, the main reason for this update is the success I had recently in Africa with this bullet on wildebeest, zebra, eland, and giraffe. I used my mid size 50 B&M and the original velocity of 1875 fps. This bullet performed perfectly and of all the soft point bullets used on this trip, the 500 Hornady really showed it's stuff! It literally knocked the socks off everything, perfect performance, bullet did not break up, or shed jackets, and retained 80% + of the original weight! We are very close to having a perfect .500 diameter bullet for velocities from 1500 to 2100 fps! This is a great choice for the big bears, lion, and any soft skinned dangerous game, and of course other game such as elk & Africa's big antelope. It is a hammer! Thank You Hornady! Was this review helpful to you? 27 5[/img]

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind