Originally Posted By: Craig44
Here's some of the Midway reviews on the .338WinMag version, which is advertised at 100fps faster. To me, these failures ring a lot louder than any of the successes.

"I used this ammo 3 years ago on a solo elk hunt. I had an angry 6 point bull run in at me stopping 30 yards away. I shot him in he shoulder and he ran about 75 yards and stopped. His side looked different but I couldn't figure out why. He had his back to me when I came up to him the second time. He turned to the right and I shot him in the same spot a second time. The second shot brought him down. When I walked up to him I noticed the hair was missing from around the wound. It looked as if the hair was shaved off in a star pattern. I recovered the second bullet inches under the skin. The first round exploded on impact. Not cool. The second round was flat like paper. This was my first bull and almost wasn't. It scored 317 3/4 BC. I went with a different ammo for my second bull, and that one only went 50 feet. Sorry guys, but never again will I shoot these no matter how low the price."

Anybody else see the crack pipe on this particular Midway reviewer's desk?

So, the first bullet "exploded on impact", but only knocked the hair off as though shaved and left a star pattern in the skin. From a .338 Win Mag?!? Shaved hair.........and left a star impact. Hmmmmm

So, he "shot him in the same spot a second time".

The second bullet.......that hit the same spot........only penetrated inches under the skin..........but yet brought down a bull elk.

If a .338 WM round can "explode" on impact and only knock the hair off with a tiny star pattern.........We need to be using .50 BMGs on elk.

Conversely, if the very same cartridge can bring down an elk after only penetrating "inches under the skin"...........we can all throw our hard cast bullets away. Who needs penetration!?!

Craig........I ain't pointing at you on this. I'm pointing at the conflicting and unrealistic information from that reviewer.

The flags are flying and they ain't range flags.

Just trying to get us to think.

"To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith