Originally Posted By: Zee
 Originally Posted By: Craig44
About three feet.

Wow! Yeah.............I?m not likely to shoot an animal at 3 feet. That?s a little unrealistic for my application.

Thanks.

The distance is irrelevant. The impact velocity is what matters. It's a .338RCM out of a 20" barrel, not the WinMag, so it's going to already be slower. Do you really think that 100fps slower would make a difference? If it did, would you still want to use it? Do I want to shoot an elk at 50yds on a $10,000 hunt with a bullet that fragments at the muzzle? Or do I want a bullet that holds its wad no matter the circumstances? That 'should' be an easy one to answer.

I approach all this with an open mind and no agenda. I used to be diehard about cast bullets for everything but have since accepted that they are not without their shortcomings. I want a good bullet and don't give a rat's ass whose name is on the box. Fact is I've associated more bullet failures with Hornady than any other manufacturer. Sure, I've seen, had or heard of Remingtons and Federals fail too. I sold my .243 and refuse to use a standard cup & core bullet in the .250Savage because of it. This ain't 1950 and we don't have to put up with crap bullets.