Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Quote:
Impact distance is irrelevant. A bullet is not going to act any different at 3' than it will at 300yds if the impact velocity is the same.

I don't understand this statement. Impact velocity is directly relative to impact distance. No cartridge can maintain the same velocity regardless of distance.
 Originally Posted By: s4s4u
 Quote:
Impact distance is irrelevant. A bullet is not going to act any different at 3' than it will at 300yds if the impact velocity is the same.

I don't understand this statement. Impact velocity is directly relative to impact distance. No cartridge can maintain the same velocity regardless of distance.

Exactly. Impact velocity is completely relevant. Bullets generally have minimum and maxim impact velocities in which they work.

This is fact wether we are talking about either end of the shooting distance argument. A bullet that works at 5 yards may be horrible at 500 yards and the opposite is also true.

There is a lot more science to this then what?s being given for ?facts? here.

And no I?m not defending any brand. I use a lot of different projectiles based on the intended use. No one projectile will do everything.