[u][/u]
 Originally Posted By: Gsj
Hello, new member here. First time post. Been away from hunting, reloading, and shooting for 20 yrs. life and the job got in the way. It?s time to renew the passion.
My question.... will a 240 grain Keith style SWC handloaded to 1200 FPS out of a 7.5 inch Ruger SBH be a good load for hogs? I would like to practice with my hunting load, and it would be a plus to keep my ammo costs down. If this load would not be a good idea, what would you recommend?
Thanx

The key word here I see is handloaded. First off welcome to the forum, and it sounds like you are using a 44 mag. That load will work as long as you do your part. I like to see you discussing practice. Practice with a little lighter load can be very beneficial. and since you are handloading: Another load that is handy for a lot of things is the 250 gr cast with 10grs of Unique. It will be a little more friendly in the recoil department and possibly make things a little cheaper. Going up to the heavyweight 310gr Lee and the RCBS 300gr SWC are both cast, and good bullets. If you need help finding these (already cast) PM me.
Shot placement is paramount so good luck with the practice.