Originally Posted By: Gsj
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. Yes I will be using a 44 mag. Practice is everything, and the plan is to shoot 50-75 full power loads a week at an 8 inch steel gong. Went today and had a fun day, first time shooting in a very long time. I?ve always practiced with cast bullets , and hunted with jacketed ones. Have looked hard at the load of 10 hrs of unique , thank you, but was a little worried about trajectory. I plan to practice out to 100 yards, but didn?t think the unique load. Would not be flat enough shooting for that range. Would a heavy 300 grain cast bullet be a better choice? I want one load, to make things simple. Once I?m sighted in, it?s done..... reload ammo, shoot, and repeat. Any thoughts on that idea?
Thanx again for the feedback.
Actually, that 10gr Unique load will be pretty close to a 300gr load at 100 yds. A 300gr loaded to 1100-1300 fps definitely carrys a lot of energy at 100 yds. I don't know if recoil becomes a factor for you but, the Unique and a 250 cast is a bit easier on the hand.