Thanks all for the advice.

I did inspect the wound on the doe I found. It was a pass through right behind the shoulder. The size of the entrance and exit whole had been picked at by the buzzards so they were not very useful in determining the but exit wound.
I typically aim directly for the shoulder but in this case the deer was slightly quartering away so I tried to put it a little behind the shoulder on the close side so that it would exit through the shoulder on the far side. I was about an inch from the shoulder on the far side.

At the risk of getting another hobbie I have been trying to avoid getting into reloading but seems if I am going to move away from rifles and dedicate to handguns I will have to. I am just not very happy with much of the factory stuff I look at. I know that 1600fps and a good bullet will kill, I am just a fan of speed and like my bullets going a little faster. Most of my shots are between 80 and 125 yards and I like starting with a little more fps so I still have some juice left down range to open the bullet up.