I would think about picking up a contender frame for some of those. I find the vent rib 45/410 to be lacking in the sight department, especially after loosing the little plastic insert they used for the rear site. 45 colt I'd fun in contender. Even the light octagon barrels are ok with +p loads. Now that I have opened it up to contenders too
;\)

I was just looking at a fast twist 22lr contender barrel. I've got some subsonic heavy 22lr around.
I got a 27 inch MGM 25-06 barrel and have been having fun launching 75 gn vmax at 3840 fps at pdogs and such. (Switching between that and my 700 really drives home the short coming of the break open design in a target rich environment). It would be fun to get a flat shooting encore pistol barrel, but I'm not sure what that would be yet. Might end up being 25-06, but they burn so much powder I might look for something more efficient. In reality I'm well past the point of being able to shoot what I have with any regularity and find it difficult to consider much more.

Last edited by karl; 07/06/2018 3:06 AM.