Hey Chance
I?ve had a SSK 15 inch 257 AI barrel for a few years now. I set mine up for a dual role (deer and coyote). Taken a few deer with it still looking for that coyote.
For your 50 caliber take a look at the 50 B&M Alaskan, I have a SSK 14 inch with fish gill brake that is a hoot to shoot and hunt with.
As for the make question, Indiana?s deer rifle regulations over the past few years have went under various iterations. For the most part rifles were allowed if the case did not exceed 1.8 inches with a bullet no smaller than .357. In late 2012 and early 2013 I designed my first named wildcat the 458 Nomad. It is nothing more that a 458 Win Mag shortened to 1.8 inches which is the same length as the 460 S&W. It took a year to make this a reality firing the first test shot in October 2014. SSK did the 24-inch Encore barrel with 1-14 twist and brake. Used it for the 2014 opener and can attest to it being a deer hammer. While I like my rifles I use my handguns / canons 95% of the time.
What?s next ? I am a huge fan of the 358 caliber the 358 Alaskan has always been on my bucket list.. Maybe someday.
B?.

NRA Patriot Life Endowment
HHI #6544