Originally Posted By: 45MAN
RE THE 460, IF YOU GET A S&W PAY THE FEW XTRA DOLLARS AND GET A PERFORMANCE CENTER GUN, IT WILL BE WELL WORTH IT! ALSO, I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED BY TRADMARK'S BISLEY BFR IN 460 THE OTHER DAY UP AT MY PLACE. THEY ARE BOTH BIG HUNKS OF IRON.

Randy,l'm with 45MAN on this one... PC guns are the way to go... l have a 10 1/2 PC. lts big, bad, NOISEY... l simply love it..
l got mine used off gunbroken... Saved quite a bit of money that way too.. A couple points to consider.. lts a handloaders gun.. lf you don't reload you will go broke trying to feed the thing... Also, stay away from shorted cases like the 45 Long Colt.. They are nothing but TROUBLE.. Shorter cases leave a carbon ring in the cylinder. Shoot a 460 after a 45 Colt... You will literally have to beat those stuck 460s out... Lots of reduced load data for the 460 out there.. Even the reduced data is pretty strong...l prefer the reduced data in Speer Manuals.
Gun a a lot of fun. lf you plan hunting with it may l suggest a sling.. They work much better than a holster.. Go get one.. Fill a cylinder full of factory Hornady 200gr FTX... Your opinion will forever CHANGE about revolvers..

Last edited by sw282; 07/14/2018 3:33 AM.