Mercy. My life is forever changed. I bought one today. The 8 3/8" non PC one. I'm with Billa on preference of the standard model. Picked up a few boxes of the hornady 200 grain ftx to start with and went to the range. Started at the 25, then 50. Then decided what the heck and moved to the 100. No optics.

First and foremost, yes the recoil gets your attention but quite frankly I was expecting it to be a lot worse. My ragin bull .44 with underwood 340 grain hard cast bullets is on the same level of felt recoil. Bottom line...it was a joy to shoot. The smith grip is unbelievably comfortable and through the entire session at the range (2 hours) I never once started to feel fatigued or pain.

Here's where the "mercy" part comes in. I cannot get over how accurate this gun shoots. After a few tweaks to the rear sight at 25 and 50, I put a full cylinder inside a 4" circle at 100. Again with iron sights. The guy next to me was watching through a spotting scope and I've never heard such funny comments. He said there were 3 of the 5 inside 2" and flat out couldn't believe this was coming from an iron sighted 8" barrel. I've been smiling non stop since the first trigger pull.

One thing I hope to improve on it is the SA trigger pull. I measured it at a very crisp 4.5#. Not bad but I'd like to get it down around 3#. If so I believe that 100 yard group will tighten even more.

I truly appreciate everyone's help and comments. All very helpful. If you hear a 45 year old man giggling like a 6th grade girl, it's just me...

Last edited by Randy M; 07/14/2018 11:39 AM.

The meat won't fry if the lead don't fly.