I am a little late to the conversation but I have been using the 460 8 3/8 for two seasons. I do love the gun and don't find it too difficult to carry around, but I am not hiking too far into the bush when I get to my stands.

At the range 100 yards isn't even fun anymore and hitting steel plate at 200 yards is not very challenging with standard Hornady 200 grn loads. The gun is definitely a tack driver.

I have never been shy of recoil and this gun does have it but for me the more unsettling part is the muzzle blast. Not knowing your level of sensitivity to recoil I would say get good gloves and ears and you'll be fine.

Even though it's a relatively heavy round, going really fast for a revolver, I did have an issue with wounding an animal this past season that I am still upset about. I now think that the Hornady loads were designed for speed and accuracy but don't really hold up well. I am experimenting with different bullets for this season. I am trying to keep the speed and have a slightly heavier bullet. I don't reload so have just been trying different companies loads to find one I like best.

Bullet selection and cost, if your not a reloader, may become bothersome like it has for me.

With the exception of the issue with that Hornady ammo I really like this gun!