Originally Posted By: Snyd
You mentioned Moose and Caribou for here in Alaska. No guide requirement for those two or even blackbear. If you want to go after Sheep, Goat or Griz you need one and there are guides that guide bowhunters for those species so I'd start there.

Dustin Linebaugh killed a griz with handgun, you could probably find out who he used for that hunt.

For moose or caribou a guy can do some research, decide what kind of a hunt he wants (Float hunt, atv, fly in drop off, etc.) and be successful on a DIY hunt. There are "outfitters" that will supply gear and transportation, logistical support but no "guiding" . Pristine Ventures here in Fairbanks is one such outfit that provides hunt planning for DIY hunts.
https://pristineventures.com
There are others as well, some internet searching will turn them up.

Appreciate that Snyd, I didn't realize DIY in Alaska was even an option. I'm a DIY guy all around, hunt off my own stock here in Alberta regularily, line up my own hunts when good draws are pulled, have taken friends out for their own hunts where they were short of experience & resources; A to Z really. I'm happy to hear DIY moose & Caribou is a possibilty!

I-will definitely look into that for Alaska