Down to Two Weeks till the Missouri Deer Season, and my hunting preparation has been close to non-existent so far.

I got everything together this evening, and got Thunder Beast put together. I cleaned the scope base threads, and mounted my Bullberry 6 screw scope base. I got the Bullberry Hanger bar installed and adjusted, and mounted the Bullberry Forend. I then mounted a Burris 2-7 Ballistic Plex scope in a pair of Burris Zee Rings. I have a Bubble Level on the scope tube.

Thunder Beast is a 7.62 X 54R (308 Bore) Encore. More correctly it would be a 7.62X53R with the .308 bore. The barrel is just shy of 16" not counting the 4 Gill Muzzle Break. She has a full 1" barrel, the same as my 260 Rem Bullberry barrel. Twist is 1 in 12 which should be optimum for 125 - 165 grain bullets.

I should have time Thursday and Friday to get it sighted in. I plan to get some ammo loaded Monday evening after I get off work. I plan to start off with 125 grain Sierra Pro Hunters in front of 50.0 grains of H4895. I am predicting this load to chronograph around 2600 fps. I will probably load a couple at 48.0 and 49.0 to begin my chronograph session with, just to be careful.

I need to find a few minutes between now and this time next week to check all the ladder stands, and the wife's tower stand.

I am normally trying to wear out my hunting handguns the two months before season. That did not happen this year.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 10/31/2018 6:34 AM.

See You At The Range