Not much to tell. Was headed to the airport to fly the boss around 1130. He texted me and said he was canceling his flight. I turned around and headed home. It was pouring down rain. As I pulled into the driveway I looked at my hunting app on the phone and it said best time to hunt that day was 2:15 till 4:58 pm. I took care of a few things around the house and was in the stand at 2:10. Got myself situated and started glossing my food plots that had been underwater just a few weeks prior due to hurricane Florence. Wasn't in the stand 10 minutes when this cull buck walked out. I had asked my son in law to shoot it if he saw it but I had first crack at it. 112 yards. Used the Emcore pro hunter I won at the old HHI antelope hunt that Gregg Richter use to run. It's a 308 barrel topped with TCs 2x7 scope in a rain base. Sent this gun to SSK after winning it and JD did a trigger job the Tyson base and muzzle break. Very accurate gun. Ammo was Hornadys custom loads 150 SST. One shot left shoulder round did not exit and it was DRT. I had it to the game processor near my home 45 mins after it fell. Waiting on bear season now. I have a 500 lb + black bear that frequents my property. Hoping to take him with my JRH custom 475 linebaugh. Thank you once again James for posting the pics for me.

Life Member NAHC
HHI Member #7149
NRA Member