I haven't posted in a while as I have been exceedingly busy (this is a gross understatement) this year, hence my absence. Anyhow, I thought this event may interest some here, so here it goes.

This year marked the 4th Anniversary of the JRH Holiday (Bovine Bash) that again took place at Action Outdoor Adventures of Hondo, Texas. It was another action-filled few days. Two bullets really stood out this year, Lehigh Defense's flat-nosed solids and Swift's ubiquitous A-frame. It took me a long time to warm up to jacketed expanding bullets in revolvers, but this is one that never seems to fail to impress in a number of different calibers. Tradmark, and the other attendees that are here can fill in any blanks.

Day one began with Tradmark's daughter Amanda wielding a Super Redhawk (7.5-inch barrel) in .480 Ruger. Keep in mind that she tips the scales at less than 100 pounds and yet she can handle the .480 like it's an extension of her hand. This should humble the recoil sensitive among us.

Anyhow, she put a perfect quartering away shot (offhand no less) through the heart of a beautiful Australian water buffalo bull. The bull piled up in short order, the Lehigh 330 grain solid doing exactly what it was supposed to do.

Tradmark's son Alex -- one of the most talented and natural handgun shooters I have been privileged to witness in action, took a water buffalo bull with his BFR in .500 JRH loaded with 325 grain Swift A-frames. A blood bath ensued.

I was up next with an animal we dubbed "Freakshow" as he was unusual to say the very least. He is a Gayal (domestic version of the Gaur)/ Watusi hybrid. He was chosen for his sheer size and the resistence he would offer to the relatively mild load I was using on him in .480 Ruger consisting of a Lehigh 330 grain solid at a moderate 1,330 fps (give or take). Freakshow weighed in an excess of 2,500 pounds. I punched him quartering away through the heart and he stumbled off maybe 30 yards before piling up. I shot him a couple more times as that is how I am programmed despite the lethality of the first shot.

More to come...

Max Prasac

Semper Fidelis

BIG IRON: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6aXjMH5C30

Gun Digest TV's Modern Shooter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGo-KMpXPpA&t=7s