I don't really know how many deer I've killed with the 240xtp 44 mag, but it's been more than a couple. I've only retrieved one bullet from a whitetail and this is it....

It was retrieved from underneath the hide of the offside shoulder of this 252lb Illinois buck....

Look close and you can see the bullet under the hide. The load was 24.5gr of H110 and shot from a 7.5" FA. Shot was broad side at 60 yards. When I removed the bullet, it was a picture perfect mushroom. While cleaning the bullet, I dropped it on some concrete and the core seperated from the jacket. Bullet failure??? I guess it depends on how you look at it. There are betters choices for better/more predictable bullets than the xtp's, but for whitetail, they work very well. There's alway lots of internal damage and more than not, two holes. That being said, I wouldn't go hunt African plains game with an xtp. Xtp's are plentiful, inexpensive and very accurate; that's what's great about them.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.