Others tell better stories but here is mine. I got up late on opening morning so was already flustered, this kept me from going where I had planned since the deer come early there. Almost every other option with a stand was compromised due to the wind direction so I found a place in the rocks overlooking a small flat. I found a good wide tree to reduce my outline and sat down on the ground. Doe with twins came in and fed below me so she got a pass. A second doe that seemed to be alone then came in and fed in front but was a little too far for comfort with the reddot (guessing 80 yards). She continued to feed at an angle up and across my front and at about 35-40 yards was about to get in my wind. She was quartered to me more than I like. You can see the entry between the neck and shoulder in the picture. Exit was behind the opposite shoulder. I now carry the trigger stick bipod and it is very stable. I have the monopod and it has to many degrees of freedom of movement. I usually use a bag in the stands since I added a board to most stands with a rail since seeing that here on HHM site a few years ago. All adds up to some great sausage.

First Handgun Deer: ~1982 8" S&W .38Spl
SW 7.5" 686-7 with Matchdot II
SBHH .45LC 7.5"
Contender G2 .35-30/30 (Bellm), .22LR, .22 Hornet, 25-35
Glock 40 10mm; G21 Poly80 w/ 9 inch barrel (in work)