May I recommend the set-up I am working on right now? I have purchased a Model 329 Smith and Wesson and have got an aftermarket Smith and Wesson stainless steel 629 cylinder to use on it. The 329 PD is light at 26 ounces with a titanium six-shot cylinder. The titanium cylinder is light and strong but high velocity loads can cause erosion of the titanium. So I put the Model 629 stainless cylinder on my 329. It adds about 4 ounces, bringing the empty gun weight to 30 ounces. I also put on an X-frame Hogue grip that has the pad in the grip to reduce felt recoil.
So that is where I am at. Mag-Na-Porting will come next with dual trapezoidal EDM cut ports at the front area of the four inch barrel. It will be my EDC revolver in a custom shoulder holster.
The big advantage of the Model 329 over the Model 69? The Model 69 only has 5 shots and the Model 329 PD has 6 shots. And one more thing. The frame size where the forcing cone is supported is larger on the N-frame Model 329 PD. The force of the bullet entering the forcing cone could be better handled with the larger area of mass of the N frame on the Model 329 PD.

Last edited by Jeff460; 01/10/2019 3:03 PM. Reason: Added more information.