I thank you for the kind affirmation tradmark. The reason I use what I do as platforms are because both of the X-frame revolvers weigh just over 60 ounces apiece. That weight mitigates the effects of sharp recoil. But the weight of each are just about identical. That makes both feel subjectively familiar to me. The 460 S&W has just a 5-inch barrel and the 500 S&W has just a 6.5 -inch barrel length. Shorter barrels burn gunpowder less efficiently. So I use the shorter powerful cartridges like the 454 Casull and 500 JRH to make sure less powder is wasted in a flame-out at the end of the barrel.
If an animal just moves as you squeeze the trigger and the shot hits too far back I would call it not a bullet failure, but I would call it a failure of bullet placement. Either way, a follow-up shot will be necessary. In fact it may take very many follow up shots because the animal is now alerted and churning to try and escape. Large bullets are best in a follow-up so a big bore revolver fits the bill quite well.
Good Luck and Good Shooting!!!