Lets stop for a moment and look at the bullet used in the subject matter. The ammo was American Eagle with a 100 gr bullet Correct?
Look at the website and you will see that the recommended use for the ammo in question is for Target shooting NOT HUNTING.
The bullets loaded in that said ammo is a TMJ If I understand their abbreviation is a Trunicated Metal jacket. Pretty much a Full Metal Jacket.
Not my first choice, for Hunting.
I do not criticize you Matthew for trying. And a good writeup.

Sixshot. The cast bullets seem like they would be at home in the little caliber. It would be awesome to see a recovered bullet from anything. I wanted to check the GT HP bullet in the 45 caliber to begin to get a basis for their offerings. Sadly I did not get to do so yet. I am glad that you used a HP as your choice.

Bullet offerings have been very limited in this caliber. We have the 85gr XTP and the 90gr in the Sierra, but other than that, I do not know of any "Hunting Bullets" in a Jacketed offering.

Lastly I do question the fact that Federal has not been more supportive in ammo offerings for a caliber that they claim as their own.