There are a few of these around from a a past Ruger cleanup that show up for sale now and then, but if you are not willing to pay BFR prices, you probably wont find one at the price you want to pay. But having owned one since the introduction I have to say, it is one of the most accurate and consistent revolvers I own in 45 Colt. This thing loves the 340 grain WFN and gives the same results with the 250 WFN I cast. The molds were designed with the same nose profile with only the 340 designed with a gas check and 250 a plain base. The reason I chose the GC on the 340 was I wanted it mainly for 454 Casull loadings, but found it a perfect round for the SBBH for almost everything I use it for.

What I especially like about this gun in the hunter platform, is how it tends to shoot both bullets to the same POI. I credit this to the heavy barrel rib and weight of the scope out over it, keeping barrel rise more in check under recoil. The Hunter does this better than any revolver I own in any caliber or barrel length. Plus with the 340 cast hard would work for anything in this continent I would need it for, at reasonable range. That is becoming shorter and shorter though, the older I get. Know your limitations and this a very capable revolver.

I just hate to influence you any more, but what the heck, these guys have done the
same thing to me for decades, we call it help,,,,
;\)

Last edited by wildcatter; 01/17/2019 6:04 PM.