Guys, that's the thing about Africa, you can do it your way, Land Rover, or on your feet, they will accommodate you. I suppose you could ride a Zebra if you wanted!
My choice was to walk & we walked every single day, right out the front door of the hunting lodge. Myself & Willem, my PH would leave at daylight & head in a new direction because that's how I wanted to hunt. We hunted like that for 14 days, my choice.
Only once did we ever get in a safari truck & that was a night hunt for Spring Hares. That was also the night I had an Aardvark get so close to my side of the truck I almost crapped my chaps, except I wasn't wearing chaps! That day we also drove over to a beyond huge Baobab tree that we could all walk inside! Incredible! To me, shooting from a truck would be like kissing your sister. Now traveling in a safari truck & finding animals & then stalking is very common & really the best way to hunt.
And like Rey said, those trackers! I think they could sort out a single drop of water in a full glass!

Dick

Last edited by sixshot; 01/24/2019 6:27 PM.