I don`t have many single shot handguns and after reading through the years what the 6.5JDJ was capable of doing in the hunting field I promised myself that if I were to ever buy a SS it would be a 6.5JDJ... The day came when I sent my check to JDJones for a beautiful 14" blue barrel with a Weaver type scope mount. I was not ready for what came with shooting this round. Buying .225 brass,

fire forming and using different powders and bullets to try and duplicate those incredible groups that this round can make... 2520, Varget, 4320, 4831 and Rel.19 powders along with Nosler, Speer and Sierra 120gr bullets were some of the components I loaded. However, I could do no better then

1 1/2" MOA until I mixed Reloader 15 and Sierra 120gr Pro Hunter bullets... 34.0grs had 3 bullets in one hole, 34.5grs had four bullets in little over 1/2" while 35.0grs put three in one hole.
Finally found a load she likes... I`ve ben advised to try the 120gr BT bullets and the same charge... Another step in making the rounds that I found out the hard way is after fire forming to only neck size the round. I was full length resizing and rewarded with case head separation after as few as three reloads. My question is do any members have experience with Sierra Pro-Hunter bullets on game??? Another thing I`ve realized is you can teach an old horse new tricks.....Thank`s...

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"