Hi, my name is Rob, born, raised, live and work in New York. I started handgun hunting in the mid 90's with 629, then John Linebaugh built a 45 for me and then a FA 454 topped with a 2x Leupold. Most recently I've been carrying a Glock 20, 10mm with a RMR on top. I did use a T/C Contender for a bit but liked big bore single too much. Elmer Keiths writings really hit home with me. I started handloading then because couldn't buy any warm 45 loads and 454's were very expensive and only available from FA.
Most of my hunting is upstate NY consisting of whitetails and bear, but I have made it to Alaska for Caribou and I'd like to plan a cougar hunt in the not too distant future. I belonged to HHI and couldn't wait to read the next issue of The Sixgunner with great stuff from Dr. Larry Rogers "The Hitman", John Taffin and everyone's experiences. I haven't done much handgun hunting in the past 10 years or so, life got in the way. Now I got bit by the bug again, badly. So much so I just ordered a BFR in 500 Linebaugh to get back on track. So, if anyone has any good loads they'd like to share...I'd really be interested. Thanks and glad to be here!