First question Artemiss444 is DO you handload? If you do not load then I would suggest get a 44 Special since they will do just about everything a 45 will do with "Factory Fodder" and they are usually lighter than the Magnums. If you load, then go for the 45.

You do not need to worry about the Short Barrel Ruger being a poor performer. If it shot well from the factory then it will shoot good with the right ammo. You may have to search a little but this is the case often with a handgun. I have several short barrel pistols. The choice between Fixed sights and adjustable could be a determining factor for many people.

You could consider where you live as a factor as to what you buy. If I lived where long shots were the norm and a possibility of bears then My choice would be different than if I was in West Texas for example, where there are no bears.
A Uberti is a lighter gun than the Ruger and you will be restricted to a smaller choice of ammo. But if you do not need Mega Power then this could be a consideration. Also for the price they wont make you cry if it gets scratched up. 5 1/2 is a good balance. Its light weight compared to a heavy Ruger, and depending upon ammo, you really are not that handicapped.

Almost as important as the choice of weapon would be the choice of carry. A chesty would get in the way while a shoulder holster or a waist setup might be handier. Especially when it is a crossdraw. If you get in and out of a vehicle or on and off of a horse or 4 wheeler, crossdraw is nice.

The things I look at are handling of the gun and weight and the comfort of the Holster. These being the most important since I will be carrying it all day 10-12 hrs. Loads can be tailored.