Originally Posted By: Muddy
An aluminum framed full size NM Ruger BH in 45 Colt, 4 5/8" barrel will weigh approximately the same as the Uberti if weight is a factor. It will have adjustable sights and can handle the "heavy" loads that Rugers are famous for. The blued BH's can often be found used for a very good price.

For the "one gun" to carry and shoot anything revolver it is hard to beat a short barreled Ruger 45.

Dan

Another thing to consider about the Uberti, the one I had shot soft lead very well, but anything jacketed wouldn't consistently hit a 5-gallon bucket at 10 yards. I took it to a gun guy that was much more knowledgeable than I, and he told me the Uberti / Cimmeron Arms et al were sized as the old original 45's were, and the soft lead would expand and fill the rifling, making it accurate. The jacketed stuff would not expand. Now, I don't know. I sold it, and never got another. There are others on here that are much, much more qualified to give answer to this. It may be an old wives thing (this was way before the internet) but it did give an answer to my accuracy problems with jacketed ammo.

If it were supposed to be easy, they'd have sent my little sister to do it.