Mark should have one in hand shortly to work with.

As was said above the 300 BO version should work ok with just a trigger.

On a Positive Note lets look at what we have here. The MSRP is $1020 from what I can tell. So one should be able to pick one up well under that.

You will then have a Handgun Chassis System complete with detachable magazine, and compatible with all the available AR15 M-Loc Accessories. Which include the Magpul Bipod and Magpul Tripod Adapter. While I did not find any bolt on accessory to make the forend more sand bag friendly I am sure one can be fabricated using a bolt on adapter for attachment. You will also have a Handgun 700 Action with either a 223 or 308 bolt size.

The Trigger will need upgraded to something like a Jewel, Timney, etc.

A barrel will also be needed in your choice of lengths and chamberings. This could be as cheap as a take off barrel to a full custom.

I think we should keep an open mind. This might be a great start on a custom build. You will end up with probably the same money or more in a donor XP or Striker to get an action and stock. I am not all that impressed with most of the factory stocks on either of them, with an exception or two.

While my initial impression of the Remington Chassis System is Ugly. However I am reasonably sure that I can make it work well with a little tweaking.

We will need someone to start a build on one to see what can be done with the design.

A 15-16 inch barrel in 22-250 / 6 Creedmoor / 260 Rem / 6.5 Creedmoor / 7-08 / 308 / 338 / or a 284 bases round, and Add a Good adjustable trigger.
A Magpul Bipod and a forend plate for sand bag use and it should work just fine.

Bob R

Last edited by Bob Roach; 03/26/2019 5:30 AM.

See You At The Range