You guys may not of helped me much, but it's been a great "welcome home" to the forum party! Sorry to have caused so much trouble! Actually it's been well worth it. Great discussion.
I know one thing. My choice of cartridges is marginal. Completely adequate for black bear & moose but throwing brown bear in with the same bullet really complicates it.
The jacketed bullets can't be driven as fast as the cast at the same pressure limits & as they get slower I worry that they won't perform at all & will simply become a solid with a nose profile that leads to less damage than a comparable weight wfn cast and since impact velocity will be less the penetration will be less...
If I knew that swift A Frames would open AND penetrate at my impact velocities I would gladly buy them at twice the retail price...
The second (sad) thing I am pretty sure of is I will never get to kill enough animals to really draw my own conclusions! So keep yours coming!!!!!!!

Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."