Kral,
There has been a load of good advice posted here. Experiences from perhaps 100 handgun safaris. I have only been there once but it was the greatest! As far as animals go, everyone has their opinion of course but being on a limited budget what I did was prioritize. My dream animal was Kudu, then Impala. After that I was flexible. I shot a Blesbok, Blue Wildebeest and 2 Warthogs. These 6 made for a great hunt. There are many other affordable options- Springbok, Reedbuck, Bushbuck, Gemsbuck. As far as the hunt goes, we did spot and stalk. The mountain top Kudu Hunt was awesome. I really enjoyed stalking Warthogs. The hunting was in thick cover and it reminded me of deer hunting in the US.
If I go again I will likely use the same outfitter - EAI Outdoors - But you should check out the others mentioned before you choose. In regards to overall cost consider your taxidermy carefully. Taxidermy can exceed your animal costs. One of the reasons I chose my outfitter is that they have an on site taxidermist. They take care of everything and I was happy with the results.
Here are a few key items I suggest:
-Use a service to get your guns through at the airport.
-Wear your hunting boots on the plane along with other must have items.
-Carry on what you can. Use your hunting backpack and a briefcase for your personal item.
-Pack as much as you can in your gun box. Binoculars, knives, rangefinder. I removed a layer of foam and put some clothes in the bottom. Get a good case. Airlines try hard not to lose guns!
-I also put my guns in zipper cases inside the gun box for extra protection
-Take your own shooting sticks. I used the traditional wooden (bamboo actually) but I planned for it and took a clamp on brace that I made for wrist support. It worked great. I practiced with it on wooden sticks for a year to get it right.
-Use heavy bullets for full penetration on your largest animal. All shots are center shoulder. I almost took a facing head shot on a feeding Warthog but he turned at the last minute.

"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,... "
Matthew 28:19

Handgun hunter since 1979 - haven't used a rifle since!
HHI member #992, NRA, SCI.