Nosler Partitions are almost as good as an A-frame.. To quote Ross Seyfried article "A Quantum Leap in Performance" (G&A 3/98) where he test`s both bullets: "The two brands of jacketed handgun bullets achieve almost identical results, but go about it in different ways. The Nosler uses a fan-blade approach (expanded), while the Swift has a classic, but smaller diameter mushroom". These words are under a photo of two expanded bullets.... The other difference was that the Nosler`s were slightly less in cost.. Both are partitioned handgun bullets with the Swift being bonded for better weight retention.. I have a supply of Nosler`s in 44 and 45 caliber that should last until I give it up and then some but that is not to say I will never use Swift. Perfect example is the last mule deer I took with a 210gr A-frame in my 41 or the large boar taken on Reeders HHC with a 50 caliber Swift....
The bottom two photos show a recovered Nosler with its "fan-blade" expansion that Seyfried mentions while the two Swift show the classic bonded mushroom... It really does not matter because the Nosler`s have sadly been discontinued......

Life member-NRA-SCI
Member-HHI #2900-HHASA #067
Colt-Ruger-Freedom Arms-and S&W Collector Assoc.s
"I have more guns then I need but not as many as I want" "Handgun hunters HAVE to be good"