Back in the days of the YO Ranch Handgun hunt, I was fortunate to kill a number of Management Sika Deer with the Winchester/Nosler combined technology ammo in both .454 Casull and .44 Magnum. I personally thought the 454 Casull with the Nosler Partition was a bit much for deer hunting. I had a number of pass throughs on Sika Deer which are a pretty tough little animal. The 44 Magnum load was a better match for deer, but still has a pretty tough bullet. I was hunting with a gun maker one afternoon when he shot a pretty decent Watusu with a too light (my opinion) cartridge from his Encore. He then spotted a larger Watusu, and shot that one too (with my borrowed Casull). The first bull was down but not out, and he and the guide were going after the second animal. Leaving me with the expiring first Watusi and my Super Blackhawk stoked with the aforementioned Noslers. After they left, things got quiet, until the first Watusi made a miraculous recovery and got to his feet. He was not in the best of health. Even less so, after I applied a full cylinder of the Noslers to his chest. Not my first choice of armament in that situation, but the 44 Noslers finished the job. When the guide got back he asked who was shooting the full auto. I guess I was more nervous that I realized.

Last edited by Sawfish; 04/22/2019 8:59 PM.

Good Shooting Makes Good Hunting
Patron Member NRA;
Life Member RMEF, SCI, NSRPA, CRPA: Member, FTRF, HHI #7108, CBA