I haven?t decided on an outfitter yet, but have looked at several on the www. I come across some very reasonable prices and some that are pricey! I?ve not fully decide on what I want to hunt yet, but I?m leaning very strong on a Spiral Horn Grand Slam: Eland; Kudu; Nyala; and Bushbuck with Impala and Zebra maybe as targets of opportunity. Leaning in this direction, I?m probably taking my FA 454 stoked with a 300gr Nosler Partition or A-Frame pushed with a healthy dose of H110. That will cover anything within 100 yards and I hope to take all with a revolver.....but, this will be my first trip to Africa, so I?m prolly carrying along a ?Crutch? just to be safe. As stated before, I have encore barrels in 308 win and 270 win. Both shoot well. The 308 has a 2x7 Burris and the 270 has a 4x12 Burris with arrestor brake. The 308 can obviously handle the heavier weight bullets, but will that be necessary with the game at hand?
Which caliber, what bullet, and why, would you choose? I?ve always used Nosler Ballistic tips for whitetail and they work very well for me, but I think a better constructed bullet is merited here.

It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger squeeze.