Every year I do my best to put on a group Forum Hunt. If anyone has ever done this, they knows the challenges. I just really enjoy meeting other handgun hunters and doing what I love to do...hunt with a handgun. I am no "collector" of guns. Each and every handgun that I have has taken game.
We have just returned from our Forum Hunt, and this year was a lot of fun. One of our goals on this hunt was for Rocky's son to take his first game animal with a handgun. Matthew was kind enough to volunteer the use of one of his Contenders topped with a red dot sight. We started Rocky's son off with a 22 LR barrel. After hitting a 10" gong repeatedly with the 22, we switched to a 357 Max barrel. Starting off with 38 Special ammo. Like a true sniper, Rocky's son was tearing the gong up....now.....time to go hunting..
As a group, we headed out to hunt. I was hunting a mature Aoudad Ram. We headed straight up the steepest hill on the preserve in search of my ram. This is not the hunt for someone without decent cardio...LOL.....we found the Aoudad Rams, but were constantly given the slip....Aoudad are vary wary, and never stop for more than a few seconds when alerted. Time after time, the Aoudad would bust me and give me the slip...up and down hills, run and gun...when I finally caught up to the Aoudad, it was difficult determining which ram was the largest one....they only gave us seconds and off they would run again. My shooting on this hunt was very amateurish to say the least..after two clean misses on a moving Aoudad, I connected on the biggest ram. Unfortunately, that too was a 💩 shot....I hit the ram in the gut with a 400 gr Woodleigh from my 500 S&W Encore at approximately 80 yards, immediately, he hunched up and bolted down the hill. He only ran around 40 yards and went down. This is where he stayed until I was within 10 yards of him. He then bolted up and busted up the next ridge, before going down again. I snuck within 40 yards of him. I placed another 400 gr Woodleigh FP in the middle of his back...on the video, you can see the "hair cloud" on entrance and exit. To my dismay, he hopped up and ran down the hill. I then gave my wife the single shot, and grabbed the Super Redhawk, and ran straight down the hill in hot pursuit. Needless to say, I tripped and rolled down the hill like a boulder.....hahaha.....when I gained my composure, I tracked the Aoudad to where he lay under a big oak tree along one of the trails...the big ram still had a blink so I put two 300 gr Fury RN Bonded Bullets into his shoulder.....the deal was done at this point......I was elated to have such a nice ram, but highly disappointed in my shooting....oh well, that's just how it goes sometimes..........I will let Matthew and Rocky fill you in on their hunts.

The Eyes are Useless, When The Mind Is Blind