Once we arrived at camp (after my GPS send me down a ORV trail) We set up the shooting table and put Rocco on the pistol. He was drilling the gong pretty consistently. David who I had finally and just meet has us walk up the biggest hill(mountain where I come from) in the land. SO I am gassed once we make it to the summit! Aoudads and sheep running around, but not the shooters David wants. Back down the mountain/hill. After a bit we decide to have Rocco go get his hog we had glassed earlier. What get up on them and explain how it will work to Rocco. Like a well oiled machine, everything going according to plan. I told them once you give him the go ahead, that boy is quick on the trigger! Click! Bang! Flop! Next Day We go to the other mountain! at the top we find the monster of all Hogs! Sherri with a broken foot shoots this beast! Now its go time for Matthew and I. We find the Scottish Highlands at the bottom of the mountain/hill They start to walk away briskly, the guide moo's they stop for a second. I fire though I saw him hump up a bit. He keeps walking. Guide stops him again, second shot hits the mark. Double lung, third shot hits the heart and he goes down within seconds. Turns out I pulled a Franchise and clean missed just in front of the big boy! After Matthew down his Scottish Highland The guide asked Rocco if he would shoot a roaster hog for him. Which he gladly did, but he wanted to use his crossbow. Same set up, we get into position and wait for another hog to clear out. The guide said shoot just as another hog was charging by. Almost got a two for one!! Just in front of the charging hog. But that didn't bother Rocco. The arrow hit the hog and he went down. After the animals were hauled back to camp. We went out to shoot the guns. Trying out different loads at different distances. Rocco was dinging the gong up hill at 87 yards with the .22 and a Red Dot. I think we have a shooter! Ladies and gentlemen...
It was a great time and a BIG thank you to Matthew for the coaching for Rocco and I. David you are just plain fun to be around!!