...and now for the details of my Highland bull kill with my .44 SBH.

I loaded my cylinder with 320 grain WFNs by Reeds Ammo and 300 grain Speer JFNs;3 each, in alternate. Both bullets launched at 1200 fps.

I had every intent of getting close, placing my bullet deliberately, and making a one shot kill. I picked my spot, low and forward in the shoulder. All the shots were at about 30 yards. The first round I fired was a hardcast. The bull reacted to the shot by drawing up, but then began a slow walk. A 300 grain Speer was sent on its way, causing an immediate and notable reaction. The bull staggered, holding its onside leg straight out. The bull swayed and sagged, and I knew it was fatally hit, but I sent one more hardcast into the shoulder. The impact was visible, and my bull tumbled into the creek.

This is the only bullet I recovered. I believe it is the 3rd shot fired, the second hardcast. The base was in the offside hide, and the nose portion was in the onside shoulder where the shot was placed.

The Speer JFN got a notably greater reaction out of the bull. But truthfully, I couldn't tell a difference between it and the hardcast inside the vitals.
This photo shows the heart and a lung where two hardcast and a JFN traversed.

The 3 bullets were placed in the same spot, at similar angles, low and forward, angling upward through the vitals as the bull was uphill from me.

I was proud of this 3 shot group, with no more than 3 inches between all the bullets.

Compare that however to the damage done by two 300 grain XTPs from Rocky's 44 Mag in his larger bull.

The vitals are inverted in the pic. One through the heart, and one through the lungs. Look how much more damage and hemorrhaging the hollow points caused.