I form a fair amount of wildcats. But for this application let's use my favorite. The 219 Donaldson Wasp. I first cut with jig in a chop saw, then chamfer and deburr. Now comes the time consuming part. I use a 30/30 size die to true the neck, then #1 form die, then #2 form die, then final form and trim die, before finishing up with the 219 Wasp full size die. Used to do this all in separate steps in a single stage press. Last time I did it with my Redding T-7 and rotated the turret four times before removing each case from the shell holder. Still time consuming.

Now for my Inquiry. I have acquired a RCBS Pro 2000 progressive press. It is tight as a tick and built like a tank. My plan was to set it up for 357 Mag, but I really don't shoot enough 357 to justify it. Was thinking about selling but then I had a Thought (I know STRANGE ISN'T it). Why not set up a top plate for each wildcat I form that requires enough steps. Then after the 4th pull of the handle a finished case would result. If lubed properly a case makes it through all the dies in the T-7 without re-lubing. Once the dies were mounted in the top plate, no more adjustment would be needed. Just pull a pin and replace with the next top plate. I understand bottom shell plate would also have to be changed OR maybe not my two major wildcats are both based on 30/30 brass. One the 219 Wasp and the other the 6.5BB. I do love 30/30 based wildcats for my Contender.

Surely someone has tried or done this before. If not what are your opinions good or bad. The press is like a tank so I don't think leverage would be a problem. Am I over looking something or do you think this might work.

Going to be out of town for the weekend so not ignoring if i don't reply be patient I will.

Thanks for reading and in advance for all input
Doug

Enjoy life but, remember we are only practicing for something better.