I've got a chance to buy a 15" +brake 270 weatherby ssk barrel.But doing a little searching I don't know if it's a good idea? Have had a 240 weatherby barrel for years and it's been great no problems other than very loud but I've always stayed with starting level loads to keep pressure low. Doing some research JD says weatherby calibers are fine (only H&H head size and smaller)and says the 270 is great but really recommends handloads because of overpressure weatherby factory loads. But I found a post (searched by google) Gary Reeder says people from T&C told him not to chamber weatherby rounds and says frame stretch and basically gloom and doom but went on to say all belted mags are bad (seems weird because T&C offer factory 300 and 7mm rifle barrels). I trust JD on this and never had anything to do with reeder but seems there's a lot of question on these. Anybody had any experience with the H&H size weatherby calibers in the encore? I heard a while back Peter pi from corbon might have used one but don't know for sure. Any ideas or opinion on this is appreciated