Max, I did like your reply. I thought you handled it very well & if allowed to I think you would have/should have hammered the hell out of that guy!
We are actually a strong group but we don't speak our mind enough I think. When I look back over 50 years I kind of chuckle at some of the comments....you shot it with WHAT! I never thought it was a big deal, sometimes never even took a photo, sometimes didn't even own a camera when raising 5 kids. I was lucky I lived right in the middle of heaven!
I've been lucky enough to meet some of the great one's, Elmer Keith several times but never went shooting with him. Bob Hagel, Elgin Gates, who was a great hand gun shooter, John Taffin, and recently with some guys in New Mexico who could do some amazing things to a 5 gallon bucket at 600 yds. Read Mic McPherson's book, Memoirs of Superstition Mountain Prospecting sometime!
But we take a back seat to nobody in knowing what we're doing, knowing ballistics, bullet placement, etc. And, we PRACTICE!
Recently friend Rey Garza gave us a walk through on getting ready for his bear hunt in Alaska, he shot & shot & shot. Many different guns, loads & bullets. How many guys actually do that. Not many of the rifle boys, but we do, we've earned our place guys!

Dick